One of my clients told me that he prints out this information (attached in a document for you to use below) and gives it to his grand-children to put in the glovebox of their car in case they are involved in an accident.
I thought that was a great idea, not only for grand-children, but for anyone - even our family members that are getting older. So I am sharing the information below - and in the attachment below. Hope it is useful
Ready for the road?
No matter how carefully you drive, sometimes car accidents happen. Here are some tips for what to do if it’s one of those unlucky days.
• Make sure you and anyone else involved are unhurt.
If anyone's injured, call 111.
• If you can, move off the road safely.
• If animals are involved and you can’t find the owner, call the SPCA or police
as soon as you can.
• Get the details of the other drivers involved:
Car license plate number
• Get the names of any witnesses.
• Take photos of all damage (not just the damage to your vehicle) and;
Don’t accept blame - simply say you need to speak to your insurer.