- What kind of personal data we collect
- Where we collect personal data from
- How we use personal data
- How we store personal data
- How you can access/amend your personal data
- How long we hold personal data
- Who you can contact for more information
What kind of personal data we collect
- Contact Information - This refers to your name, email, address and other information you provide our website.
- Website Activity - This refers to your browsing activity on our website.
- Device and Browser Information - The device or browser you use to access this website.
- Ad Data - The online ads we have served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes the number of times this has been served, the page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked or not on the ad.
- Data from Advertising Partners - This is data that we receive from other digital advertising companies that we work with (i.e. Adroll) to help us deliver ads to you and recognise you across browsers and devices.
We use this data to help our advertisers identify and serve ads to you that are more relevant to you. We also use this data to operate, improve and enhance our services including enhancing the data points we or our advertising partners have about a particular user, browser, or device, or to target, optimise, cap, or synchronise advertising.
How long we hold personal data
We hold this information for up to 7 years after you have ended dealing with us under the Financial Advisers Act 2008, if you become a client of ours.
If you do not become a client of ours, we may retain the information supplied by you for up to 3 years but will not release the information to any other party (other than what the information was intended for) without your consent.
Where we collect personal data from
We collect personal data from the following sources:
- Directly from you when you request information from us on our website.
- We may use non-personalised statistics about the use of this Website to continually improve it and improve customer service. These statistics do not comprise personal information.
How we use personal data
Your personal information will never be given to any third party.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Replying to your queries
- Providing you with information about us and our services
- Providing you with services in relation to this Website including a monthly email newsletter that you can unsubscribe from at any time
- Complying with relevant legislation and regulations
- Any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time personal data is collected
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
How we store personal data
We store personal data electronically on hardware in New Zealand. The personal data is kept safe and secure using generally accepted standards of security.
How you can access/amend your personal data
You may access your personal data we hold by contacting us. We will provide you with a copy of the personal data we keep about you. You may request that the personal data we hold about you be corrected by contacting us. If we agree that your personal data is to be corrected we will provide you with an amended record of your personal data.
Cookies: How We Use Them
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Moneyworks uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. By visiting Moneyworks, third parties (such as AdRoll) may place cookies on users’ browsers for targeted advertising purposes.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you do not want to receive any targeted advertising from Moneyworks, you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest.
However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anyone for direct marketing purposes. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under applicable laws of New Zealand.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the addresses below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Who you can contact for more information
Moneyworks New Zealand Limited
PO Box 1003, Cambridge 3450
Phone: 0800 225 621